Love Your Body Like Lena Dunham!
I try not to watch too much television, but I do have a few favorites I try to catch up on. Girls, on HBO, is one of them. I just saw the episode in which Hannah finds herself stranded in the middle of town in the Hamptons in just her little green bikini. (I am a little behind-it ran end of Feb)
It reminded me of the reason why I fell in love with this show in the first place!
She loves her body!
And despite these temporary cold temperatures, the flowers are poking through-
Spring has sprung!
Yet, this happy much anticipated season
inevitably leads to the sounds
of body rage as we contemplate wearing our own little green bikinis.
Well don't! Don't diet, take pills, drink only juice and generally act crazy punishing your body.
Take some inspiration from Lena,
and love the body you have. We're all different, thank God, and that includes our body types.
And because you LOVE your body, it will appreciate a few nice things you can do to make it feel great;
1. Buy clothes that fit. -Here I am after my Spring trip to Lululemon.
The cute pink running bra is 2 sizes up because Lulu makes their stuff too small. I also size up in bathing suits. Be happy, be comfortable, be yourself.
1. Eat Lots of COLOR- Half to 3/4 of your plate should be colorful, because COLOR = plants!!
2. Eat Less BEIGE Foods Beige= fried, starch , carbs all of the food we need less of
Also, the protein, or meat, should be only the size of your palm and less than half of the plate NOT most of the plate, as traditionally served in the U.S.A. ...sigh.
3. Beware Giant Portions! Do you ever have the feeling I do at a restaurant,
that the portion size is big enough to feed a family?
Okay this hamburger is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean. So portion size is something to keep in mind. Why not leave some on your plate?
2. The DON'T Clean Your Plate Club- that's what dishwashers are for. Seriously, yeah it's a little wasteful, but better down the drain than down your gullet making you feel gross and blech.
You love your body remember? Don't stuff it to uncomfortable. Just eat enough to satisfy then put the fork down.
The waiter won't give you a timeout. I promise.
3. Drink Water-especially before a meal if you want to help yourself NOT eat to discomfort.
4. Eat At Regular Times- Try to eat regular meals because your metabolism will operate more efficiently. Also, it helps alleviate the kind of hunger that leads to mindless snacking, which then leads to killing your appetite for the healthier dinner you would have had and then leads to that before bed snack and on and on.
5. Walk More, Ride More- In addition to your exercise, whatever that may be, remember to keep walking more. Park farther away from the door, go outside, walk at work, walk around the airport when waiting for a flight-keep moving.
Cuz, you love your body, and your body is meant to move.
Spring also means getting our bikes out there again.
And seriously, you don't have to have a racing bike, the shoes, the clothes, all that jazz to enjoy biking. You can just bike to get around. And that body you love, will love you for it.
So happy Spring everybody!!
And don't fret the whole body in a bikini- thing
Love your body like Lena!
If she can do it, so can you!
Love your body, love each other, eat your carrots!